Saturday, October 25, 2008

GRACE

Not one of my best...But I still like it. Enjoy.

Were I to love myself
Then how could I love you?
How could I be reminded that I am replacing what is true?
A love so pure and shameless
From a Sacrafice so rich and blameless
And go running after everything that will never cease to change
Try to sate eternal hunger
And fill my heart with wonder
From a world so dark and blackened
That I can't help but wonder what happened to this nation that pledges "Under God"

When all the world is turning
In my sin I am still burning
Running after everything that will never cease to change
Dear God please come and save me
In thy loving care arrange me
Let me never want for less than what thy grace has put in store
Let me be guarded by your angels
And be clothed in all your grace
Let my heartbeat sing your praises
And my breathing chant thy name

Let me wear thy love as a garment
And thy wisdom as pearls
Let your majesty crown my head
Let thy holiness surround me
Let thy humbleness abound in me
And let my innocence be returned to me
That I might be made clean

No comments: