Saturday, October 25, 2008

why me

so how did all this come to be
this dark cloud that’s hanging over me
it wasn’t supposed to be like this
i just wanted to make a difference
i’m waiting for my time to come
it passes slow but i’m quickly losing hope

why me, why me
why me, why me

the crowd is large and loud in calling out my name
to mock me or support me and my claims
who is this man who doesn’t say a word
but He’s speaking louder than anything i’ve ever heard
it’s bittersweet to be the outside
for His image stays clear on my mind

why me, a murderer like me?
now He’s paying the price of my penalty
i’m standing here where the shadows meet the shade
the darkness obscures everything
except this chance to live and be free
double grace portioned unto me

rejoice with me, rejoice with me

and He gave His life for me
took my place there on the tree
innocent yet He did it anyway
and now i’m here to live another day

rejoice with me, rejoice with me
rejoice with me in this, in this victory

but why me, a murderer like me

No comments: